Members’ benefits in FLT
A membership with FLT provides increased job security as well as additional benefits such as insurance for you and your family. We also offer the best opportunities for continuing education.
Insurance and personal benefits for you and your family
As a member, you receive several personal benefits such as discounts on your electricity bill, hotel bookings, rental cars and more through LOfavør. Your union fee includes five different types of insurance coverage:
- Collective home insurance LOfavør innboforsikring. This insurance that covers all your belongings (no limit on total value, but each item/collection is limited to NOK 300 000). LO and its federations have ownership of this insurance and set the terms. Our vision is to provide you with the best possible home insurance coverage.
- Basic life insurance LOfavør grunnforsikring. This is a small life insurance policy. Benefits are paid out in the event of the death of a member or their spouse. We recommend additional life insurance for all members.
- Personal accident insurance LOfavør fritidsulykkesforsikring. Accident insurance that covers death or invalidity caused by accidents that take place in your free time. Accidents that occur while at work are covered by your employer’s insurance. We recommend that members consider having additional accident insurance.
- Travel insurance LOfavør reiseforsikring. Our travel insurance covers members, their spouses and their children (under 20 years old and living at home). Grandchildren of members are also covered by our travel insurance when traveling with the member. Travel insurance applies all trips of up to 70 days in duration.
- Legal insurance LOfavør advokatforsikring. Includes up to 15 hours of legal advice annually from lawyers associated with HELP. The lawyers can provide legal advice in most areas of the law, not including criminal law, work-related law (your union membership covers this) and the purchase or sale.